My five for the year.
It has long been a tradition to pick 5 people you would like to see pop it in the new year for vaguely prinicpled reasons. The more go the more points you get, but picking nice people who happen to be old or ill is distinctly against the spirit of the game. I've decided to rule out Aston Cull (head of Manchester Conservative Future) on the grounds he isn't famous to avoid the moral dilema of wishing death on a person who I sort of know. So heres five for 2007:
1. Bono - After providing some sort of ethical sheen to Blair and Bush "for Africa man" in exchange for a knighthood he deserves to die by crashing his personal jet. Oh and U2 are shite and the single Vertigo is a carbon copy of Sonic Youth's Dirty a musical crime punishable by death. What did Sonic Youth fans do to deserve this?
2. Thatcher - A golden oldie, here because I need one point this year and if she doesn't go of natural causes someone might pop her off at Pinocet's funeral.
3. Noel Edmonds - I hate this man with a passion matched only by a random comedian i saw once in Pleasure. He even has a fucking "offical fan site" that looks like its trying to sell you a new telephone line.
4. Bill Rammell - Because he's a stereotypical Blairite thug and the only one to have insulted me in person. I may or may not have had "an agenda" but at least mine wasn't printed up and distributed as a factual way of fighting "terrorism" on campuses. Also because he is a brilliant example of whats wrong with General Managers in Students' Unions and AMSU in general.
5. Christopher Hitchens - Because he's a Shachtmanite tosser who gives a left gloss to imperialism (and his drink problem might give me a second point.)
Any suggestions or improvements - I might edit until the end of January.